Skip to main content



31 March, 2020, Chiswick, London
#COVID-19 
#stayathomeandstaysafe

Good morning all,

I wanted to reach out and to say hello to everyone. Since we closed shop for Ballet4life.com® on 19 March, and Move into Wellbeing® on 12 March and launched our online classes on 21 March on Zoom, it has been a non-stop blurry whirlwind way of life! So very much has happened, is happening, and will happen and we are all clutching, searching, and yearning for guidance, strength, belief, and hope! At least that is what it seems like to me!

I have to say that doing our daily Ballet4life online classes has given me great inspiration, direction, purpose, and has empowered me. This programme is something I have been asked for over 15 years to create!! Ironically I always said "No, thanks" ( no way!!) And now here we all are sharing via the internet, dance classes in our kitchens, living rooms, hanging on to chairs, mantles, countertops! It is absolutely brilliant!

As good as the dance movements are, and ballet really does do the trick if taught in an intelligent and supportive way, it is the chatting before and after our classes that truly embellishes the communal experience.

So, I am trying to say that you are all in my deep thoughts, and I miss you all terribly;  going to the studio, dancing with you, chatting with you, but we can reinvent how we do this.

If you did not yet register to join us please do email ballet4lifeuk1@gmail.com anytime. Once you ask to join, we send the details of how to do. If you wish, please get involved with us on our social media campaign by taking a photo during the class or before or after class, to help others feel welcome to join us! 

It has also moved me deeply that not only are people donating for the online classes, but also other donations have come in and I am working on how to help our freelance dance teacher team during this period of unemployment and uncertainty! THANK YOU!



We also launched Google Classroom with Beatrice Ghezzi, lead teacher of Ballet4Life and our charity Move into Wellbeing a few weeks ago and this is also going so well and is such a vital link and resource for your much-loved group!!

With your other free hours and moments, please also consider visiting One Dance UK to place your VOTE for the next One Dance UK Awards!!! Please VOTE for us and for MiW, and your other dance favs.
https://www.onedanceuk.org/one-dance-uk-awards-2020-categories/

Please share the news of our Online Dance Programme for both Ballet4life and Move into Wellbeing and the One Dance UK nomination link with all your friends, family, neighbours, co-works, etc.

Keep well,
Take care,
Donna 







Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! The Corporate entertainment india has gone through some changes over the last few years and the Glowdiators are at the centre of it. The LED Tron dance group has been here for quite some time now. The dance groups first started out in Delhi and now are making splashes in other cities like Ahmedabad. Big corporations are now hiring performing artists and crews like Glowdiators to promote their brand or products through the medium of art instead of unveiling their latest products at such events and pushing sales through hardcore marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #danceforall! Happy to hear! Thanks for being in contact! Best wishes for the next endeavors, Stay well, Ballet4Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ballet4life, Really Good step for online Dance school thank for this sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

 VeRNaL eQuiNoX -  nearlY   18 March, 2024 Dear All, I just wanted to day hello and to provide some news and comments before too long! I am trying this approach versus the Mailchimp newsletter to see which is easiest. Studio Swap   We had an interesting, enriching and exciting time with the Saturday studio swap for our Spring Term! We hope you enjoyed the experience. We are now reverting to our previous set up for Summer Term which means the following: Beatrice classes return to St. Peter's Hall Int/Adv Ballet- 10.30am - 12pm Pointe Exercise 12.05- 12.20pm General Level Contemporary Dance- 12.30- 1.30pm Move into Wellbeing 1.45- 3pm Down the road at Arts Ed, Studio 210 Beginner Follow-on Ballet 10-11am Beginner Improvers Ballet 11.05- 12.15pm Tasters in Beginner Jazz Dance, Contemporary Dance, and Beginner Ballet 12.15 - 1.15pm Short Beginner Ballet Course - 12.15 -1.15pm  Johanna Von Salmuth will lead these on a rota with our newest teacher Shiri Hadad joining the roster! We give
   Because you asked for this! LOL! Donna Schoenherr - Founder of www.ballet4life.com® and of charity Move into Wellbeing®   Happy March 2021 all! The days are getting longer and Spring is not far off! Here we are nearly one year since the whole COVID-19 Pandemic hit our lives in London and also changed the world. This selfie below, I took the last day of our in-person classes on 19 March, 2020. I will never forget that day.    This past year, many of you have asked me to share more details about my life and my career. I am not someone who likes to blow one’s own horn , so I thought best to share a long version of my biography created for me but with my own satirical quips interspersed, and then just be open to conversations. I finally found and edited the long version of my CV/Biography. If you fancy a read (and maybe a giggle or two) please sit back with a cuppa or a glass of vino and enjoy. None of the names or facts have been changed and the crazy journey I retell is tr
END OF YEAR REFLECTIONs from Donna    Hi everyone, Remember me? With my Christmas stocking I know it has been so very long time since a new Ballet4Life Talks Dance blog was created. Apologies if you felt abandoned- you were not! This silence was not due to a cautionary forecast of fading trends nor wondering if people read anymore, but simply due to life's fullness and waves of electric synergy and movements.   "Company Warm-up" at Watermans Art Centre with Beatrice Ghezzi- May 2023 Ballet4life is nearing its 20th Anniversary, this milestone, which I am deeply proud of, also comes with a certain amount of reflection, reviewing, with long- and short-term projection & planning and wonderment and curiosity. When I think back on the now thousands of people I have had the privilege to meet, work with, teach, mentor, facilitate good quality dance training for, befriend, support, help on their career paths, help through grief/illness/loss, it is a bit mind blowing!?! I can e