Skip to main content

Recollection on the 7th July, 2019 Showcase



Four themes played out to me at our Annual Dance Showcase which is a fundraiser for charity Move into Wellbeing®. Mothers and daughters. Fathers. Belief. Thanks.




Mothers and Daughters
Firstly, we had the stunning duo, mother/ daughter team of V and M take to stage in the contemporary dance piece. How moving is that, that a mum and daughter can train vocationally in dance together, and then perform together with us? I just adore all aspects of this and would like to encourage other mother /daughter teams to do the same!

On the same day, as I was unloading goods for the show, a lovely client walked by with her mum. She said they were reminiscing about how her mum used to take her to ballet lessons and now much later in life her mum has dropped her off for our rehearsal and was going to watch he show and see her adult daughter dance. Beautiful! They were having touching recollections and enjoying sharing this element once again.



Fathers
In my heart the performance was dedicated to my father, to my teachers’ fathers whom they had recently lost. I was going to announce this when I spoke to the audience but I had trepidation that I would wobble and lose my composure. Inside of myself, that was my dedication throughout our programme. I also nodded to my husband, our son’s father and his undying support and belief in what I do. Dragging ballet barres around, creating programmes, ferrying me and items around, filming performances, giving me a boost when I am low….leading me to thanks.


Thanks
Our dancers performed brilliantly on Sunday! Some had never set foot on a stage let alone memorised many minutes of intricate choreography and danced it to music with theatrical lighting beaming in their faces! Our technical rehearsal was a speed dating exercise in staging, placement, entrances and exits with a mere 4 mins per dance. Everyone rose to the challenge and remained calm and attentive and open to the professional guidance my incredible team of teachers provided gratis!

Volunteers arrived to help back stage and front of house and were eager, willing, ready and able and dealt with all sorts of chaotic situations, last minute needs, changes of plans, and even mishaps. Again, all done with aplomb, grace, and kindness.



Belief
Be true and follow a path that resonates within, no matter what the obstacles appear to be.

What special life moments I get to witness and to facilitate. Such gems! They keep me going and full of inspiration. Thank you


Donna Schoenherr- Founder & Director of Ballet4Life and Move into Wellbeing
www.ballet4life.com
www.moveintowellbeing.org.uk 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 VeRNaL eQuiNoX -  nearlY   18 March, 2024 Dear All, I just wanted to day hello and to provide some news and comments before too long! I am trying this approach versus the Mailchimp newsletter to see which is easiest. Studio Swap   We had an interesting, enriching and exciting time with the Saturday studio swap for our Spring Term! We hope you enjoyed the experience. We are now reverting to our previous set up for Summer Term which means the following: Beatrice classes return to St. Peter's Hall Int/Adv Ballet- 10.30am - 12pm Pointe Exercise 12.05- 12.20pm General Level Contemporary Dance- 12.30- 1.30pm Move into Wellbeing 1.45- 3pm Down the road at Arts Ed, Studio 210 Beginner Follow-on Ballet 10-11am Beginner Improvers Ballet 11.05- 12.15pm Tasters in Beginner Jazz Dance, Contemporary Dance, and Beginner Ballet 12.15 - 1.15pm Short Beginner Ballet Course - 12.15 -1.15pm  Johanna Von Salmuth will lead these on a rota with our newest teacher Shiri Hadad joining the roster! We give
   Because you asked for this! LOL! Donna Schoenherr - Founder of www.ballet4life.com® and of charity Move into Wellbeing®   Happy March 2021 all! The days are getting longer and Spring is not far off! Here we are nearly one year since the whole COVID-19 Pandemic hit our lives in London and also changed the world. This selfie below, I took the last day of our in-person classes on 19 March, 2020. I will never forget that day.    This past year, many of you have asked me to share more details about my life and my career. I am not someone who likes to blow one’s own horn , so I thought best to share a long version of my biography created for me but with my own satirical quips interspersed, and then just be open to conversations. I finally found and edited the long version of my CV/Biography. If you fancy a read (and maybe a giggle or two) please sit back with a cuppa or a glass of vino and enjoy. None of the names or facts have been changed and the crazy journey I retell is tr
END OF YEAR REFLECTIONs from Donna    Hi everyone, Remember me? With my Christmas stocking I know it has been so very long time since a new Ballet4Life Talks Dance blog was created. Apologies if you felt abandoned- you were not! This silence was not due to a cautionary forecast of fading trends nor wondering if people read anymore, but simply due to life's fullness and waves of electric synergy and movements.   "Company Warm-up" at Watermans Art Centre with Beatrice Ghezzi- May 2023 Ballet4life is nearing its 20th Anniversary, this milestone, which I am deeply proud of, also comes with a certain amount of reflection, reviewing, with long- and short-term projection & planning and wonderment and curiosity. When I think back on the now thousands of people I have had the privilege to meet, work with, teach, mentor, facilitate good quality dance training for, befriend, support, help on their career paths, help through grief/illness/loss, it is a bit mind blowing!?! I can e